Sunday, October 4, 2009

Attitude Of Gratitude


OK so my father instilled a very simple concept when I was young girl. He would simply ask "Kelsea, now is the glass half full or half empty?". Now it's obvious what the correct answer is to that question, however I clearly remember looking up at him completely perplexed. Why is this important? Actually, I find it essential. Today that phrase just embodies my general look at everyday life. A simple question I'll ask myself to stay in check if you will. So how does my glass stay half full, amidst bad dates, long days of work, stubbing a toe, loss of something treasured yaddah yaddah? Well, I'm so glad you asked. I was going through a rough patch mourning the death of a relationship. I was seemingly negative pessimistic and bitter. It must have been written all over my face, because I was told to begin writing a list of 100 things I'm grateful for whether it be big or small. This was kinda difficult at first (as my life was obviously so over) but as I started doing it every night before bed. it became a subconscious, and it's something I tend to practice daily. I'll start listing things in my head or scribbling on a napkin. my life is now as bright as I make it, and it's been blindingly awesome since that day.
My List Now
1.my new blog
2.pumpkin spice latte
3.ten minutes and counting till I get to start my treck home
4.highlighters to doodle with
5.dinner date with the fam
6.cold beer in my fridge
7.no work until 3pm tomorrow
8.sunset
ahh.....time to hang my hat now.....night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment